It’s been a while since I’ve logged into my account, or read your posts. I just haven’t been feeling up to it. But I thought I’d give an update on what’s going on. As you know from the last post, our first FET didn’t work. We transferred our second, and last embryo on Friday, July 3.As much as I wanted to think happy thoughts for that last transfer, I knew deep down that it wasn’t meant to be. When I arrived at the clinic that day, the embryologist told me that the embryo hadn’t fully expanded yet, so she wasn’t able to grade it. Of course she also said that they have seen pregnancies with embryos that weren’t fully expanded at transfer. But honestly, I didn’t believe her.
As predicted, the embryo didn’t stick. My beta came back at zero. I thought a beta of two was dismal with the other FET. I wasn’t as heartbroken about this failed FET as I was with the first one. I already knew it wasn’t going to work, so I just kept busy, and tried to enjoy life as much as possible. Luckily, during the TWW, I had family in town for my cousin’s wedding. So there was lots of eating out, and doing “visitor stuff” instead of my usual go home from work, and sit on the couch routine.
I had already planned out a date for our next IVF cycle when the nurse called to tell me my beta. I didn’t want a follow up with my doctor, but the MA called a couple days later and our doctor wanted a follow up.
There wasn’t much our doctor said that we didn’t know in terms of why the cycle failed. We know the source of the problem, and we know that’s why the embryo quality was bad. He did want to change my protocol. I was previously on BCP for suppression, and took Puregon, and Menopur. But my stims period was only 8 days, and we got 15 eggs.
In an effort to get more eggs, therefore more embryos – hopefully, my doctor is putting me on a long protocol with Lupron. I haven’t done much research about Lupron, so please do share your experiences!
I was originally going to start the next cycle in September, when I have about 4 weeks where I’m in town. But after talking with the doctor, and switching the protocol, I won’t be able to begin until I’m done all my travelling, which is in November. I’m sad that we have to wait so long before we start, but I guess it’s for the best.
Meanwhile, I’ve joined Snapchat, so if you’re on it, feel free to add me!! My username is meesh_au.